Piyo Review – Is This Workout Really Effective?
This Piyo review is designed to give you a solid idea of what this workout program is about. This fitness solution by Chalene Johnson is popular no doubt, but is this the right one for you? That’s what this review is for, to explain its purpose, who it is for, what you’ll get with the program and how you can benefit from it.
What is This Program about?
As Piyo reviews have pointed out, this is an 8 week long, home based workout program created by the aforementioned Chalene Johnson. This program is designed to transform your body in 60 days, and all of this without strain, jumps and weights. What makes this different from other fitness solutions is it increases your flexibility and physical strength simultaneously.
The workouts focus on yoga and Pilates, with the objective being you’ll get long, toned and lean muscles, all the while burning fat off your body. In short you’re going to gain the flexibility via the yoga moves and muscle definition via Pilates and yes, you can do all of this without using special equipment.
Who is the Workout For?
This workout is for anyone and everyone who wants to burn fat, lose weight, increase physical strength and improve muscle tone. This is a complete health solution, combining health and exercise and suitable for people of varying ages. Provided you’re healthy, anyone over 18 will have no problem learning the routines, and even older people will benefit from the physical activities.
This program has been a hit with fitness enthusiasts, but it will benefit even those who are out of shape and don’t exercise regularly. Even if you’re a couch potato, the routines are arranged in such a way that you’ll progress in a natural manner. The movements also have modifiers, so if you’re having difficulty the low impact version will help your body adapt and get used to it. Once your body has adjusted, you can proceed to do the standard movements.
What’s included in the Program?
This will depend on what package you order:
- The DVD Package: this is the basic set, but there’s more than enough here to give you solid results. It includes the 8 workouts on the 3 DVDs and in addition there’s a Quick Start Guide which will show you how this program works, plus you’ll get a lot of tips as well.
You also get a 60 Day Workout Calendar where the routines are organized so your workouts can progress naturally, improving your flexibility and strength. You’ll also get a measuring tape and a Get Lean Eating Plan which is pretty self-explanatory. You’ll also receive the Buns Workout that will work your hamstring as well as your glutes. Finally there’s 24/7 online support available.
- DVD Piyo Strength Deluxe Package: this is their most popular package and includes everything in the basic edition. In addition you also get strength slides that will boost your workout intensity as well as the Strength Legs and Full Body Blast accelerated workouts, plus a yoga mat is thrown in. The yoga mat alone has a $30 value.
There’s an option to purchase the package items separately, but it’s cheaper to buy the entire thing. Even if you’re just starting out, the inclusion of the two additional workouts will vary the schedule and increases the intensity level as well.
How Do I Perform the Workouts?
The schedule will depend on the package you buy, and there are instructions which explain what you have to do. In essence what it’s going to do is move your body in a different way while ensuring you have a proper form. If you order the basic package this is what you’re going to get:
- Align: these are the fundamentals and demonstrate the moves so you’ll know what to do.
- Define Upper Body: this part of the program is focused on cutting your upper body and defining the shoulders, triceps and arms.
- Define Lower Body: this is self-explanatory as well, with the focus on your legs and calves.
- Sweat: this workout based on yoga positions, the objective being to increase resistance and improve cardio and strength.
- Core: as the name implies, this workout is all about your abs and getting your midsection in shape.
- Strength Intervals: this is a fast paced workout routine that alternates between strength and cardio to burn fat and calories.
- Drench: this is one of the tougher workouts as it trains all the muscles in your body to optimize fat loss. There’s a reason why this is called Drench because that’s exactly what’s going to happen.
- Sculpt: this workout is all about variety and developing endurance, and it’s also about working out your muscles and losing as much excess fat as possible. While this isn’t easy, it’s going to make a huge difference when it comes to body transformation.
The Piyo Diet Plan
Apart from the Piyo workout reviews, the program also has a detailed diet plan. The package explains in detail how the diet works, and it’s noticeably easier to follow compared to others. Unlike other diets, here you can eat from different types of food groups depending on how many calories you need. The meals are based on whole foods, and while it may take some getting used to, you’ll eventually learn to appreciate the taste of real food over processed types.
Where to Buy
The Piyo exercise packages are available on the official website. The basic DVD package costs $59.85 while the deluxe package is $119.70. All packages are covered by a money back guarantee so if you’re not happy with the results you can get a full refund.
There are a lot of home based workout programs today, but as this Piyo review shows, you won’t be disappointed with this one. It’s going to demand commitment from you, just like any good fitness program will, but it works in terms of body and muscle toning. If you want to get fit without putting undue pressure on your joints, Piyo will be a good choice.